Composer, Writer, Guitarist
Born in Santa Rosa, CA.
Lives and works in Oakland, CA.
University of California at Berkeley, BA in Music (Magna Cum Laude).
Diablo Valley College, AA in Music.
University of California at Berkeley: Ken Ueno, Franck Bedrossian.
Diablo Valley College: Owen Lee
- Tour Worthy – Weekly writer covering musical concerts within the SF Bay Area.
- Regeneration – Host of biweekly artist support group and creative workshop.
- Joshua Sanders, “A Note Before I Go”- Orchestration for sixteen piece ensemble for full length opera performed in Berkeley, California.
- Jared Goode, “Orange is the New Musical”- Transcription for full length musical performed in Los Angeles, California.
- Departmental Valedictorian (Berkeley).
- Eisner Music Prize – One of five recipients for music composition (Berkeley).
- Magna Cum Laude Achievement Award (Berkeley).
- Honors Senior Thesis Completion Award (Berkeley).
- Dean’s List: Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015 (Berkeley).
- Lana Choi, “Here You Go”- Eight microtonal harmonies for a sound installation in Downtown San Francisco.
- Honors in General Scholarship (Diablo Valley College).
- IGETC Certificate of Achievement (Diablo Valley College).
- Music Ensemble Scholarship (Diablo Valley College).
- The Recycle – Short musical piece for online commercial for The Recycle’s line of Mudmaste bicycles.
- “Stories in Progress” – An event specific two hour set for an art show featuring Dave Young Kim at Regeneration Church in Oakland, CA.
Slight Chance of Rain
for bass clarinet and cello
Premiered April 30th, 2015, Matt Ingalls, bass clarinet; Leighton Fong, cello (CNMAT, Berkeley, CA).
Everything That Rises Must Converge
for electric guitar, dance, and MAX/MSP (with accelerometer worn by dancer).
Premiered April 29th, 2015, Nathan Chamberlain, electric guitar; Audrey Chau, dance (The Flight Deck, Oakland, CA).
I Spoke Flowers
for bass clarinet
Premiered April 29th, 2015, Lucian Pixley, bass clarinet (The Flight Deck, Oakland, CA).
It Is 6am and I Am Still Awake
for Bb clarinet
Premiered March, 2015, Matt Ingalls, Bb clarinet (Morrison Hall, Berkeley, CA).
Signal = Busy
for quarter-tone electric guitar and quarter-tone vibraphone
Premiered December, 2014, Travis Andrews, quarter-tone electric guitar; Andy Meyerson, quarter-tone vibraphone (CNMAT, Berkeley, CA).
Premiered April 18th, 2014, Nathan Chamberlain, harmonium (Morrison Hall, Berkeley, CA).
for small orchestra
Premiered May 4th, 2013, Owen Lee, conductor (DVC Performing Arts Center, Pleasant Hill, CA).
- Pinbokeh, open rehearsal and reception on February 9th, 2017 (Regeneration Church, Oakland, CA).
- Christmas Coffeehouse, art and music showcase featuring 15+ acts on December 10th, 2016 (Regeneration Church, Oakland, CA).
- Fireflies, art and music showcase on August 29th, 2015 (at a private residence, Oakland, CA).
- Mise en Abyme, five act concert on April 29th, 2015 (The Flight Deck Theatre, Oakland, CA).
Lullaby, online single, Soundcloud, Pinbokeh.
Open Rehearsal Live Show, 5 track extended play, Soundcloud, Pinbokeh.
Summer, 6 track extended play, Soundcloud, Pinbokeh.
Constellation, 6 track extended play, Bandcamp, Lúm.
- Ableton Live 9
- Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- Mac Operating System
- Microsoft Office